Thursday, September 4, 2008

I Don't Know Where She Gets It From

Craig started back to school tonight. The days that Craig has school after work are soooo long. I usually have the kids in bed by 7:30. We have an early supper, play a game or two and then read together. After our game of Trouble I told the kids to go get the chapter book we've been reading. It was upstairs in Micah's room, but you'd think I asked them to walk to Alaska by the reaction I got. OK, no book then, no big deal to me. Of course that didn't fly either. Micah dragged himself up the stairs complaining the whole way, "It's not fair, I'm the one that always has to go get the book, whine, whine, whine." Ayla's response? A very pathetic sounding, "That's because everything hurts on me." As in all her body parts. Maybe you have to know Ayla to find this funny. Micah and I laughed until Ayla started crying. That really isn't as mean as it sounds. It doesn't take much. She is the most dramatic, funny, cute, pathetic thing. I don't know how else to describe her. I really wonder how preschool is going to go. Guess we'll find out soon.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

you're right...she is downright adorable. i can't wait to read chapter books to the kids!

Lani said...

My sister, Heidi, was the same way. You looked at her crosswise and she'd start crying. It used to drive my brothers and I out of our minds because we were ALWAYS in trouble for making her cry. And it's like you said... it didn't take much. Ayla, you're a dolly-doll and don't let anyone tell you any differently. ;)

Oh... and I hear you about long days when Daddy is gone into the evening. When Craig works overtime or goes out for his "game night" it's like that for us, too. I just put them to bed early.

Unknown said...

LOL! I wonder if that'll change once her little sibling arrives. ;) But I just love her the way she is, drama and all. :) Miss you guys!

Neisha said...

she sure is cute!