Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Giving Birth

I think it might be soon. I still feel good, but I just got back from my latest ob check. I'm already dilated somewhere between a 2 & 3. I know that doesn't mean much for some, but for me it means a lot. When I was pregnant with Micah I was dilated to a 1 at my 40 week check. When we arrived at the hospital about 12 hours later I was at a 9 & had him a few hours later. They stopped my labor with Ayla at 35 1/2 weeks when I was dilated to a 1. Three days later I went for my 36 week check & was shocked to learn I was at a 6. I had her 4 hours later! So, I'm thinking we could be holding a baby by this weekend. We'll keep you updated!

10 comments:

Shannon said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Neisha said...

oh how exciting!!

Carrie said...

I am sort of jealous of you! I am ready to have this baby here! I go to the doctor again on Friday, so maybe something has changed since last week. I am anxiously awaiting news from you!

Lani said...

Take good care of yourself. Thinking of you and can't wait to hear the news. Hugs to you all.

The J's said...

Yea!! Sounds good! Will be anxious to hear!

Jenny said...

Let us know...I might be down that way and would love to pop in to the hospital to say hi! Actually, I want to go to Trader Joe's, and I could go any day...so I would combine trips and see you too!

Kara said...

That's so exciting!!I can't wait to hear!!

Sara, Justin, Simon and Max said...

very cool! We're excited!

Ethel said...

?? not a good sign that you just left me a comment awhile ago...that means you must not be in labour...YET!! thinking of ya!

Mindy said...

ethel - nope it's just early labor stuff, not active labor. i'm not upset - i'd rather be at least 37 weeks & that doesn't happen until sunday. it's kinda annoying not knowing what's happening though. i mean i was walking around at a 6 with ayla & had no idea!