Saturday, September 13, 2008

False Alarm

Well guys, we're home again!! There has been no change since my appointment on Wednesday as far as dilation & effacement goes. We hung around town all day today just in case. At first there was more plug coming out, more intense pressure & some cramping, but all that has stopped for now. We decided to come home & rest. The kids are having a sleep-over with some friends & get to see the Blue Angels performance tomorrow, so no worries about them. We're looking at today & tonight as our last date for a while. The other piece of good news is that after midnight tonight I have the hospital's go ahead to have a water birth. If I had been in labor today it would have been against the rules since I'm not quite 37 weeks yet. So, although we're a bit disappointed to be home and STILL pregnant it's actually all good. Thanks for the comments & well wishes, we'll keep you updated.

7 comments:

Carrie said...

I had just checked your blog about an hour ago to see that you had gone to the hospital. Then I looked on my blog just now and had to jump back to yours to see that you are home. Wishing you well and the end is near for both of us!!!

Tara said...

I just checked your blog today - sounds like you'll be having your little one soon!! I'm 50% effaced with the head way down so doctor doesn' think I'll go more than a couple of more weeks (i'm 32 weeks right now). Hope all goes well for you!!

Anonymous said...

I know about false alarms. I spent the nite in a recliner in a birthing room 'cuz of false labor before Bradley. Mindy, we don't want to see U in mtg tomorrow! We want to hear the great news instead! :) Wishing you a quick and easy delivery.

The J's said...

Well, sorry no baby news yet, but probably less time in labor in the finals :*) Hope you get to have your water birth!! I had 2 of them, and my daughter had an awesome one. Got in the water, relaxed, first push & he came flyin' out!

Anonymous said...

We're thinkin' of you and are so excited to meet the new little Connelly!(As i'm sure you are too!!!!!!)Hope all goes well!
Dan, Christina and Ava

renomickie said...

Thinking of you much... That's cool you get to do a water birth now!

Brian, Erin, Connor & Ty said...

False alarms... yuck!! Sounds like you should be meeting your little one very soon tho'! Will keep checking your blog like crazy for your news... bet you have a record # of visitors right now w/ everyone awaiting your news : ) Hope you are contagious & our baby follows after yours! We've had a couple false alarms w/ regular contractions for a few hours at a time, but not enough to go in yet : P Glad we got to have a full convention w/o any surprises & now we just do some more waiting I guess! Glad you got one final date night anyways : ) Good luck w/ baby & enjoy (maybe the wrong choice of words!!!) your waterbirth!