Thursday, October 16, 2008

Too Tired To Do A Proper Post

Micah lost his first tooth this week. I do have photos of his now toothless grin. I promise to get one up as soon as I'm feeling more ambitious. He was so happy to join the missing tooth club. I have to admit that my first response was a sharp pang of sadness. After all he grew that tooth when he was a deliciously chubby & happy 4 month old. What happened to my first baby? How did he get so big so fast?
***************************************************************************************
Yesterday was a terrible day with the baby. She fussed all day long unless someone was holding her. Of course I happened to be busy yesterday. We had bible study here last night so I was trying to make my house somewhat presentable. Luckily Melanie offered to come over & hold her so I could get some stuff done without hauling baby around in the sling. The baby seems to have a problem with pooping. I'm guessing that's why she was fussy. She has a tendency to go days in between poops. My other kids went at least five times a day! I took her to the chiropractor two weeks ago & that helped. I guess it's time for another visit.
*************************************************************************************
I can squeeze into most of my pre-pregnancy clothes!!! Granted they don't fit correctly, but at least I can get them on. It felt so good to pack up all that maternity stuff. I guess that means I'm done having kids. I didn't feel the least bit nostalgic. I truly enjoyed separating the clothes into give away piles. Maybe it helps to think of a couple of friends experiencing the joy of their first pregnancies. I promise the clothes are coming soon, Ina. I just need to wash one more skirt!
*************************************************************************************
I can think of many more things to blather on about, but it's time to wake the kids up for school. Time to tell them over & over again to get dressed & quit fighting. Time to get them their cereal & re-fill their bowls until their little tummies are full. Time to make Micah's lunch & Ayla's snack. Time to try to fix Ayla's hair while she's eating, hoping that she's distracted enough to not fuss & pretend that it hurts. Time to change a diaper & get the baby into the car seat while praying that she stays sleeping through the process. Oh yeah & I guess I need to get out of my robe & maybe try to fix my wild curls a bit. Wish me luck!


9 comments:

Neisha said...

yeah, it probably wouldn't be good if you showed up at Ayla's preschool in your robe. :)

Amber said...

I can totally relate!

The J's said...

Ah, I can so relate to those feelings! (well, except giving away the maternity clothes...I just wore mine out! hehee!)

Ethel said...

i was worried about my son #2 lack of pooping on a regular basis ( i'm sure he'd be happy with me revealing this to all) he was just different from the others. And he just has a different digestive system. To this day he has different taste buds i think! He has definite likes and dislikes..currently his favorite thing is caesar salad so that's probably giving him some good fiber anyway.
So..you're juggling 3 kiddos and finding out you only have 2 arms and hands. Welcome to "controlled chaos!!"
Remember ...if your house happens to look less than perfect you're probably the only one who would notice or care! And if someone does care more than you..well, they could offer to come clean it then! Ha! Happy new wardrobe! ( sorry this is going on and on and on......)

Carrie said...

I can totally relate to you too! I appreciate that you told me that having three kids is busy - it sure is. I love your morning story about getting the kids ready for school - my mornings tend to be the same also!

Jenny said...

How is Ina?

Mindy said...

jenny - they seem good. i keep telling todd to get in gear & set up a blog for us enjoy!

Unknown said...

I'm doing good! :) Getting bigger every week but still not big enough for maternity clothes. So far, I have some clothes that still fit me, that is. So you have time to wash that skirt.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear other moms comb hair while their child is eating. Bretta is a major drama queen, you would think I was scalping her, not putting in a pony tail.
Tam