Monday, June 11, 2012

Summer Days

Ahhhh, summer at last!  Today is the beginning of our first full week of vacation.  We've already got one week-end trip under our belt.  The kids & I scooted down to hang with the cousins for a couple of days.  Today we're easing into a more laid back routine.  Sleeping in a bit, jumping on the trampoline a bit, reading a bit etc. etc.  So far we have no fighting thanks to some handed down Lincoln Logs.  They are vintage.  In fact I'm pretty sure they are the ones that Daddy played with when he was little.  He showed absolutely no nostalgia when he opened the trunk to help me unload & found them there.  Actually, I think he was a bit offended I was bringing more junk into the house!  I think any stay-at-home mom would choose a bit more junk if it brings about sibling peace, though.  Am I right?


What is keeping your kids happy these days?

7 comments:

Shannon said...

mad-libs. squirt guns. friends.

but, the very first day off the first thing out of nolan's mouth was "what can i doooo?" so, i've started handing out pushups, jumping jacks, runs up and down the steps. it's working so far.

we're going to get a pool in the backyard...that oughta help!

Neisha said...

our pool!! a big lifesaver!!

inside it's barbies and pirates

Brenda said...

Of course you are right! :)

Gary said...

My kids are not fighting... maybe because they are so far apart. :) FYI, Shadon is living at home again.

Helen said...

The pool and the fact that unless we're visiting friends there is nobody else to play with :p

Anita said...

I haven't seen Lincoln Logs in a long time! Loved them when I was a kid. I'll get nostalgic for you! ;)

All American Family said...

My parents have a set of Lincoln Logs that were my brothers when he was little and those are the first things that get brought out by all the cousins when we visit them. When they're not in the pool that is. ;) At our house, we have those wooden trains that both my kids love to play with. They spend hours making intricate railroad tracks. And I must say for a 6 and 3 year old, they get pretty complicated. I'd just build an oval. ;)