Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Happiness Is......Feathered Friends

The cousins have this awesome little bird that Kaia couldn't get enough of.


Auntie Jo tried to convince us that we needed our own bird at home.


I reminded her that we have several birds.  They live in the chicken coop.  When we can catch them & force them in there that is.


Kaia sadly informed us that even though we have chickens they never ever come to her.  She always has to catch them if she feels like holding a bird.

Hmmm.......I wonder why that is ?!

9 comments:

Brenda said...

We've had 2 or 3 parakeets, and kept Kim's African Timnah for a month. I LOVE birds, but hate the mess more so no more birds. One parakeet was so friendly she was with me all day. She was interested in every thing I did, and because of that, she hopped into the cake batter that I had just poured in the pan!! Wiped her legs off and baked the cake anyway!

Neisha said...

adorable!

Gary said...

Yeah, I think she needs one. Trade a kitten for a parakeet. :)

Anita said...

yes, one could wonder... ;)
She's too cute!

Gary said...

Guess I don't have to tell you that those are some very cute pix, especially the last one.

Ina said...

Judging by the way she handles the kitties, I won't even try to imagine what she'd do to a bird. ;) Although, these pictures are adorable.

Mindy said...

she is gentle, but the bird kept hopping off & running away. then she was chasing the bird. i was afraid little birdies heart was working too hard & eventually made her put it away!

All American Family said...

Awww, so cute! My parents have a cockatel (sp??) and my kids LOVE him. I'm just glad he's at their house though because of the mess. ;) Little miss is growing up so much!

Anonymous said...

That last picture is so sweet... I can see how gentle she is holding the bird. My grandma always had a bird and I've often wished they were less messy to keep.