Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Summer Is Officially Over

The big yellow bus returned today. At 8:20 vs. 7:00 a.m. Awesome!

Here's Micah on his first day of third grade. This morning he said, "I must be excited after all. From 2:02 on I kept checking the clock!" He's at the age where he picks out his own clothes. He looks nice & fine, but I'm glad I have two kids left that don't mind my input too terribly much.


This one is currently missing her first day of first grade. She got the chicken pox. I do believe she is past the point of being contagious, but I kept her home anyway. The marks on her face don't seem to be getting better. I don't understand why they are so much worse than the ones on her back. Hopefully I can send her by Friday.

11 comments:

Shannon said...

she makes chicken pox look gorgeous!

Neisha said...

poor Ayla but she looks happy with her situation. she must not be itching much.
my kids would love getting on the bus at 8:20. by then they've been in school for 15 minutes

Jenny said...

Oooh, so close to her eye! Does she scratch at it much? I remember having chicken pox...I was about four. My kids had the vaccine though, so I haven't had to deal with it.

Mindy said...

i think she might have a secondary infection. gonna call the dr.

katrina said...

she was vaccinated too, right?
ditto shannon's comment. :)

Mindy said...

trina - she had one shot at age one, but not the booster. i don't think the vaccination is worth all that much. wish i wouldn't have had micah get it. i'm taking her to the doc. right now. pretty sure it's infected.

All American Family said...

Awww...doesn't Micah look spiffy! Yea for a later bus pick-up! Hope Ayla gets better soon. Keep us updated.

Mindy said...

for anyone checking, the verdict at the dr. was impetigo. not sure if she ever had the pox now. just strange that all this happened exactly 2 weeks after she was exposed to the pox.

Ethel said...

oh wow..she sure did get the chx pox!! cutie! sorry she had to miss that first day!

Ethel said...

oops.. i just read the comments and there it said impetigo..strange though..looks like pox to me? why would it be on her back too? hmmm and are you saying , then, that the vaccination doesn't work? i wait until the kids are 10 but if it doesn't work???

Mindy said...

mj ~ she only had one shot. apparently you need the booster. i still am not convinced she didn't have it. i think i will do the test that checks for anti-bodies for it eventually.