Thursday, September 30, 2010

Mis-Match

It's Homecoming tomorrow night. That means the kids get to have fun with their clothing every day this week. Every day except Monday that is. We were gone Thursday & Friday. That's when the teachers sent home the dress code schedule. So, my kids missed pajama day. There was a bit of weeping & wailing when they got home. I reminded them that I am always a phone call away! Anyways.

This is Micah's idea of being mis-matched. I know. I don't get it either. I think his shoes were on the wrong feet. He assured me he was going to be spectacular this year. Guess he got cold feet at the last minute.

This one has no qualms when it comes to outrageousness. Last year she got voted as the most mis-matched girl in her class. She got to have her picture in the paper. That must be her goal again this year!

Do you like her hair? The funny thing is it looks just like the hairdo's I used to make on my drawings of punk rockers. That was how I entertained myself at about age 11. I never thought I'd be fixing my own daughter's hair that way one day.

8 comments:

Todd said...

That Ayla is one funky chick. Unrelated: I have a guess as to who was weeping and wailing over pajama day. ;)

Jenny said...

That's an awesome outfit! I find it hard to mismatch when it really counts. Everything looks too good, probably because I have a mental block that won't let me get too weird with clothes.

Jessie K said...

Aaahhh! I miss those days! They were the best!

All American Family said...

heh...I remember those days too! Such great memories. ;)

Gary said...

Oh, at first I thought that mom dressed her... then I read the post... :)

Neisha said...

haha...great job on the mismatch Ayla!!

mom 2 4J's said...

She gets my vote! Let us know if she wins this year:-)

Lani said...

She is stylin'!