Friday, April 3, 2009

Welllllll

This week didn't go quite as planned blogging wise. I had several post ideas running through my head that never came to fruition. I wanted to post a photo of Ayla's own personal pig-stye. I've just been wondering if anyone else out there has a kids room that is so messy it makes you cringe. If so, what do you do about it? I'm tired of cleaning it up. When I make her do it she just moves the piles to the edges of the room. Or she stuffs it all in the closet & behind her dresser. How do you teach kids to clean? I haven't quite figured out the secret yet.

I also wanted to photograph our recent supper of grilled burgers, potato fries & salad. We grill all year round, but Wednesday's supper seemed more exciting. Maybe because it is actually starting to feel more like Spring than Winter!

I looked through Micah's old baby photos recently & found several where he looks a lot like his baby sister. I wanted to post some photos of both of them, but here it is Friday & I have no time left! We are about to embark on our spring break adventure. The first part of which involves an 8 hour car trip. * Shudder * I picked up the Chronicles Of Narnia on CD yesterday & I'm hoping that it helps to keep the peace. Wish us luck!

I have a cute photo from yesterday to post, but I've misplaced my camera. As soon as I find it I'll put it up. Have a great week, not sure when I'll have time to post again!

9 comments:

Neisha said...

my kids!! both of them! I tell them to clean and they do a pretty decent job. But there have been times that I've threatened to throw what I have to pick up. of course, I don't throw it but I have bagged it up and stored the stuff for awhile.

Have a great vacation. We are at the end of our spring break and didn't do a thing. but that's okay too

The J's said...

www.thehousefairy.net

Works wonders.
Also I'm having extreamly awesome results at our house with all of the kids as a result of the book:
"Have a new kid by Friday" by Dr. James Layman.
The best I've ever read. I so needed this 20 years ago!!
(maxine)

The J's said...

I had really good luck with the H.F. However, I am really bad at having stuff on hand to use for it. The J.L. book has been widely advertized on the radio & tv I guess, & several of us here are working on it. Once you read it, you may want to buy it, I'm going to need to refer back to it. My husband hasn't had time to read it, so I gave him a mini-crash course on it when we went 2 hrs. to pick up the kids 2 weeks ago. I'd like to see if I can order an audio so he can listen as he travels alot.

Amber said...

Well at least I know now that I'm not the only one. Of course their rooms are the last to get cleaned...and they do the same with piling everything at the edges.

Have a great trip!

Jenny said...

Rebecca does the very same thing. I get mad and then end up cleaning her room for her. Again. Because I can't stand it. Closing the door on it doesn't help, I still know it's there. I'm going to have to check out the books J suggested...

Ethel said...

where are you going? have a wonderful trip and spring break!

Mindy said...

we're going to omaha first & then up to duluth! we get to be with family. mike & jo are coming. my kids don't know yet. they will be so happy to get to be with their cousins!!

katrina said...

I couldn't find the book under Dr. James Layman, but I did find this title under Dr. Kevin Leman. Is this the right author?

mom 2 4J's said...

You know my secret...just move:) A lot of stuff just "disappears". Have a great trip!