Sunday, April 12, 2009

We Are Family........

I got all my cousins with me!

We drove to Omaha to see Auntie Shari & to meet up with our southern relations during the first part of spring break. After picking up a couple carloads of relatives from the airport we headed straight to the zoo. The above photo was taken in the rain forest.

We spent lots of time in the aquarium. The Omaha zoo is pretty awesome. I'd have a hard time picking my favorite part, but I think this spot ranked highly.

Some of our monkeys stood still for an instant so I could get this cute shot.

After leaving Omaha we drove up to Duluth. Nuts, huh?! It was a long day traveling, but it went well. All our kiddies were so good. As you can tell Kaia enjoyed all the extra attention she got.

This is the last day we got to spend with everyone. It was in the high 40's so a perfect day for the park, doncha know. Someone thought this photo was bad, because of the sun rays in Julie's face. That's exactly what I liked about it though! I also like that you can see a couple kids in the background.

Our little papoose.

This is the very last shot I took of our time together. Everyone is safely back home & it's back to reality tomorrow, unfortunately.


10 comments:

The J's said...

Wow! That sounds like lots of fun! I bet Auntie Shari was thrilled to have you all there with her!! That is a very nice zoo isn't it! We've not been there as much as we would like, we're 3 hours away and usually if we get to Omaha, it's because we're going to the airport & back.

Heather S said...

Fun spring break. When we lived in Iowa (we were in the council bluffs field) we always wanted to get to the zoo, but didn't make it. Shari was having g mtg just across the river, but with my husband's ranch job, plus the longer drive we neve made them!

Sara, Justin, Simon and Max said...

I can't believe you pulled all that off! Good job! :) Looks like fun.

Neisha said...

sounds like you had a great time.

Heather S said...

We plan to go to Pepin. I was at Eau Claire, alone :) (hubby stayed home with the 4 sick kids).

thisbpat said...

Where you in Omaha for mtg? I have a cousin,( well his dad is my cousin, but the kids are closer to my age) that lives there.

Mindy said...

yeah we were, patty. we met perry p's uncle. would your cousin go to the same place as him?

Ethel said...

i love the picture of Kaia in her little stroller at the zoo..she looks like such a trooper..wowo..you really had a "break" didn't you?!

Amber said...

Looks like you had a really great time :)

mom 2 4J's said...

Now, you need a vacation from your vacation. It was fun to see them all- thanks for sharing them and the pics:)