Monday, December 22, 2008

6 Below 0

That's what the temp is today. I think it was a bit colder than that yesterday when we decided to lock the keys in the car with Ayla strapped into her car seat. Yeah. Luckily the keys were in the ignition & the vehicle was actually running. It happened after we got to our church meeting. I knew we were early for a good reason. Somehow in the process of getting me, my crutches & braced leg into the building while carrying the baby in her car seat someone (probably me) managed to lock the doors. Our friend Kerry saved the day. How you might ask? By unlocking our Pontiac van with his Chevy truck keys! So, if this happens to you try using any available keys before calling the locksmith. You never know. In case you were wondering Ayla was a real trooper. She just calmly tried to free herself, but only managed to get the top part unbuckled. Alls well that ends well.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

How are you? Are we still on for Wednesday?

Sara, Justin, Simon and Max said...

wait, crutches, how did I miss that?? poor ayla. poor you.

Mindy said...

jenny, i 'm not sure about wednesday yet. i'm supposed to be hearing from the surgeon soon. they acted like they were going to get things figured out & the next surgery scheduled asap. i will let you know as soon as i hear something.

Neisha said...

might be a good time to teach Ayla how to unbuckle herself in case this would ever happen again! you poor dear...on crutches with a baby!

Neisha said...

Justin didn't go into work last Friday because of the snow. He never misses work (even if he's sick) so that should tell you how bad we got it.
We seem to always get hit with snow whenever a storm comes through

Amber said...

Man, when it rains, it pours.

When Trae was around 3 months, we ran out of propane on a Sunday morning, a union meeting Sunday. Iwas the only one who didn't have a shower, so I ran to my parents (about 10 minutes away) with him to shower me and bathe him. I was in a hurry and managed to lock him in the car, in the cold. I called Jason and for some reason, my Dad had to go get him, we can't remember why...anyway, Trae screamed bloody murder for so long and then fell asleep. I was crying to, of course, and he finally dozed off. Eventually Jason came and we ended up staying at their place for meeting.

It was April 1st, so everyone thought I made it up.

Brenda said...

I've been thinking about you ~ wonder how it is going with your leg. Hope it's all on the upward swing.

Gary said...

I have seen that happen b4. Yrs ago Aaron used his Chev key to unlock a Montana van. Anyone with a GM product needs to remember that. B4 you panic, try as many GM keys as you can get a hold of. Of course, if you like, you could panic anyway. Mindy, hope all goes well with your knee.