Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thursday Afternoon

I had big plans to do a photo essay of our day today, but something is wrong with my camera. I think maybe some little fingers were messing with the settings. Anyway, I haven't had time to try and figure it out, so no photos. We do have news though. We heard the baby's heartbeat at my first midwife appointment today! That is exciting for many reasons. First of all just hearing the evidence of that little life within. Secondly sharing that experience with Ayla. She was so excited that she shouted, "Mom, I heard the baby beep!" Another very exciting thing is that we weren't expecting to hear a heartbeat, because we didn't think I was that far along yet. So, I may be closer to the end of first trimester sickness than I thought. YEA!!! I go next week to get an ultrasound and a better idea of a due date. Stay tuned.

6 comments:

Neisha said...

yeah, it's so exciting of first hearing the heartbeat and knowing that there truly is a little someone in there and you're not just getting sick all the time.

Lani said...

So exciting, Mindy! And Ayla's take is wonderful. What a doll. I'm hoping right along with you that your morning sickness will be leaving soon. Hugs.

Jenny said...

I thought one exciting piece of news is that you're having twins. Or triplets even...wouldn't that be fun? You'd be just like Rich and Judy--wanted one more, got three more!

Mindy said...

yea, so many ppl mentioned twins that craig and i were both getting nervous. anyway, we only heard baby's beat and mine!

Lani said...

Maybe the heartbeats are in synch? ;) I kid. Guess you'll find out when you see the ultrasound. Ha.

Ethel said...

that's the best...love that sound!! fun to have a big sister like Ayla!!