Monday, March 24, 2008

Dear Micah,

Well Mr. Man, you are now six years old! Your first year of school is almost over. It's so hard to believe. So far age six seems like it's going to be kind of hard for us all. I think (hope) that school is starting to wear you out. I say I hope that, because I hope that's the main reason for your extreme emotions right now. You have always been a tender little soul and it seems very obvious lately. You are such a good boy and so concerned about doing the right thing at school. When you get home all the stress seems to come out. You are so obviously a first-born child. I think you worry a little too much. I hope we can help you relax and have a nice summer. Yesterday morning you had a bad attitude and I talked to you about it when you were brushing your teeth. Shortly afterwards I walked by our bedroom and saw you in there praying. That made me feel so much better. You are such a sweet, smart, charming little boy. You are a good student, friend, son and big brother. We love you very much and look forward to this next year with you.

Love,
Mom

8 comments:

Ethel said...

these letters really touch me..you are a very sweet mom. thanks for your example..and thank Micah, too, for his little example...what better thing to do when we're stressed!!

Lani said...

Oh dear Micah... your sweetness (so evident in the letter from your mother) brought tears to my eyes today. Hugs to you all. I think EVERYONE's going to enjoy summer. Hugs. And Happy Birthday, dear Micah!

Becky said...

Awww...what a touching story. We felt very special to be included in Micah's birthday party. He is a very fine boy! We enjoyed our time with you and your family very much. Thanks again for the wonderful time and delicious lunch!

Todd said...

Can it really be that six years have gone by since we held that tiny new life in the hospital? He's gone from a cute little frog (I'll always love that photo) to a clever & imaginative boy with an uncommonly soft heart. Ah, it chokes me up just thinking of him and all the memories. We're very proud of him -- and of you & Craig as parents. It was all so new to you then, but now you're veterans of the profession! If it's ever our privilege to have kids, I hope we can do half as well as you have.

Happy birthday, Micah! We love you.

Anonymous said...

Mindy, I love reading your blog...I've always been a "lurker"...but this one brought me to tears...i love what we can learn from the youngest ones in our famiy.
Dorena

Mindy said...

hi dorena. funny you wrote today. i was just lurking on your blog this morning. thanks for commenting!

Anonymous said...

It is obvious Micah has witnessed his parents doing the same thing. What a beautiful picture! Hopefully we can be the example we need to be for our dear son.

Come see us sometime!

Kara said...

Happy Birthday Micah! Weren't we just getting the news you were born? Time flies.