Sunday, February 27, 2011

And Now She's Seven

I let Ayla invite five school friends to her birthday party this year. Apparently you have to invite at least ten to get five to show up? Only one girl's parent paid attention to the RSVP portion of the invitation. Luckily she called to say she was coming AND she actually came. We never heard from anyone else.

We called Kaia and Micah into action and were able to play some of the party games we had planned. Kaia wasn't much help actually, but she upped the cuteness factor.

Ayla and Lizzy, the girl who saved the day!

Showing Grandma Mary the boots that Grandma Tina bought.

We tried cupcakes baked in ice-cream cones. They were easy, cute & actually kind of yummy. My kind of baking!

And the gift of the day was the 99 cent jump rope I bought on the spur of the moment. I'm glad my kids are still fairly easy to please!

6 comments:

The J's said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad there was one to save the day at least. It would have been HORRIBLE to have no one show up!

Kara said...

Max had the same thing happen last May when he turned 6 (I was dissapointed, Max didn't care and had a great time.) But Happy birthday Ayla!

Mindy said...

yes, i know i was more disappointed & it's mostly because of all the careful thought & planning that went into it. one mom called me tonight to apologize. apparently she just saw the invitation for the first time tonight & she felt horrible. maybe that's what happened with the other kids too.

Neisha said...

Ayla looks darling all dressed up :)

Anita said...

Ayla does look darling all dressed up! And those are pretty cute boots.

All American Family said...

Sorry the party guests didn't show up like you had hoped - but your other two DID add. I mean, I don't think any of the other guests would have been as cute as Kaia! ;) Love those boots - and the cupcakes are cute. I've seen thouse in magazines and wondered if they tasted good. I'll have to try it sometime.