Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Things They Say, The Things They Do

The following is an excerpt from a conversation we overheard this afternoon.

Ayla: (Spoken in a super snotty tone) Micah, you're not the boss. Jesus is.

Micah: No, God is the boss. Jesus is more like back-up. An assistant.


Ayla: God is the biggest person there ever was.


Micah: How would you know that? We can't even see God. He's probably really small. I bet he's smaller than a germ.


Hmmmm, maybe us parents have some explaining to do.


******************************************************

And here's what the baby has been up to.


If we lose something & it's not in the garbage or the fridge, we may want to check the dishwasher.

10 comments:

thisbpat said...

Your kids are always making me laugh!!! You hubby does sometimes too, but I roar with laughter when I dive bomb him with my new broom!!

Neisha said...

lol!!!
*interesting conversation.
*maybe she thought it needed to be cleaned

Danica said...

I didn't know you were in WI, where are you?? We'll be back in July for the Schwartz reunion, it'd be fun to see you. I'm staying for 3 weeks!!

Mindy said...

we are in the menomonie field, danica. i just went for a walk with marjan today! is the reunion going to be in this area? i'm sure we can get together.

Heather S said...

haha.. cute!
Our kids famous line: God is watching YOU! (so katie turned out the light.. :D)

Amy said...

Ayla and Micah sound like E and D...they always have to out do the other ones knowledge!

Love the toy in the dishwasher...so funny!

mom 2 4J's said...

Thanks for the laugh! Your kids are too cute! I can just hear the snotty tone and the older brother ALL knowing tone;-)

Anonymous said...

Well... at least they think about God! :) I would think that toys in the dishwasher would be a breeze compared to sorting out doctrinal issues!

The J's said...

haha! I missed this post before!

Ethel said...

priceless. your kids are just spunky.