Thursday, March 11, 2010

This And That

I don't seem to have time for creative blogging these days. But there are things happening that I want to keep track of. Here's a recent sampling.

Sara, Justin & kiddos paid us a visit last weekend. Here's Ayla forcing Sara to read to her. She likes to do that to anyone who visits. Don't say I never warned you.

Do you know what book I've been reading to the kids? Could you tell at an immediate glance? Oh, this book brings back many happy memories. My mom read it to me. It was the first chapter book I ever read to Micah. Ayla is our long suffering middle child. I don't read to her enough. Hence the reason she forces company to read to her. I've decided to start reading my favorites to the kids again. Micah reads very well on his own now, but I like reading out loud. Plus, some of the stuff he brings home from the school library is a bit dumbed down. I want to continue to influence his reading. There's a lot of junk out there & it's in their classrooms. I guess educators just want kids to read & that's good, but why not read something worthwhile?

Call me weird, but I love this photo that Kaia took. I love her chunky little foot in her cute yellow shoe. I love that you can see the bottom of my shoe as I'm sitting in front of the computer. And I love the fact that much later in the day I found my camera in the office garbage. You never know what you'll find in there these days!

This is what the bedroom/bathroom looked like on Saturday when Justin was helping Craig.

Here's what it looks like right now. That's Aaron N. helping out tonight. For the record, he called & asked if he could come help. I don't know how we're getting so lucky, but we're not going to complain!

11 comments:

Gary said...

Funny... he never offered to help with ours! :)

sleepoutside said...

I love the yellow shoe!

The J's said...

Ah! the little memories that make up our days!
Laughing at the camera in the trash...
Little feet are precious!
Happy constructing!

Neisha said...

did you ask Aaron for references first? :)
love the yellow shoe.

Seth said...

The book is from the Little House series - Little House in the Big Woods is the first, but I was thinking the picture of Laura holding the lamb is from Little House on the Prairie.

Mindy said...

seth - you're close but not quite right. look again! (not a part of the little house series)

Shannon said...

the yellow shoe shot is awesome.

charlottes web!

Sara, Justin, Simon and Max said...

I love the shoe shot, too! We had fun, you make it seem like if you visit you'll be FORCED to read books and fix bathrooms...to all the readers: that was totally voluntary on our part! :):):) Made us happy! ;)

Anita said...

I knew the pic looked familiar- and thought it looked almost like Little House...but couldn't make it fit. Yep- Charlotte's Web! Love love love books! My nieces and nephews love to be read to and I don't mind doing the reading! I reckon the oldest ones do their own reading now...

Ethel said...

glad you found your camera..what a hoot! love her shoes. Teagan wants them...

Mindy said...

aren't her shoes great, martha? a friend found them at a garage sale for me.