Friday, February 12, 2010

A Whole New House

Inspired by one new chair.


Some dear friends of ours are planning to move & they were nice enough to give us a comfy chair for our living room. I just took this photo & yes that's Craig & yes he's supposed to be at work right now. Unfortunately every February his neck & shoulders seize up to the point that he can hardly move. Poor Craig. Poor me. I had a date night all planned for tonight. Right down to food in the crock pot to deliver to the babysitter! Ahhhh. Anyway, trying to get him into the doctor today. Why does it happen every February? A virus that stays dormant until late winter & then settles in his neck? Hopefully we'll get some answers.

The best part of our "new" house (according to the kids), is the reading nook behind the couch. Even Kaia gets in on the action once the kids are in school. I'm not sure why Ayla had her coat on. Our house was warm, but that night she insisted on wearing her coat to bed. When I realized she was near a meltdown I gave in to the odd request. Sometimes it just doesn't pay to fight them. Wearing her coat to bed didn't hurt anything after all.

Anyway, back to the rearranging frenzy I've been on. The coffee table is now in the kids' playroom. It's the perfect height for them to sit on their knees & spread their board games out on it. The side table is now a bedside table for me. I also moved curtains, plants, books, candles, made another reading nook for the kids at the top of the stairs & got some new photos in frames. So thanks for the chair, Jerry & Darla! It's been an inspiration just like you have been to us all.

7 comments:

Neisha said...

neat idea about the book book behind the couch.
Ayla~ so funny :) My kids can be weird like that too and I just let them do it
Sounds like you're busy rearranging. I use to do it a lot with the living room but finally got it how I really like it so it'll be that way for a long time!
Poor Craig. Hope he can find out some answers. Weird that it happens the same time every year.

Anita said...

boohoo- I'm sorry J&D are moving away. Nice chair, though!

Darla M said...

Nice picture of you, Craig. Hee hee
Come use our hot tub - you'll feel a world of difference.
Mindy--isn't it so much fun to change things around! You do feel like you have a new room(s). When I change something in our house by moving things around, Kerry always asks when he is going to get booted out because I want a change. He's so funny. ha ha

Mindy said...

hot tub doesn't help this whatever it is. dr. steve never called us back either. so we don't know what it is, but it happens every feb!

Gary said...

Craig's problem is that us 'older' folks are hard on him at hockey! :) Toughen up, young man! :D

Heather S said...

About those cards.. Benji (6) and Carolyn (5) love them. (if they were something more boyish.. Benji would be happier, but he doesn't have too much choice in the matter :) )

Kara said...

all that rearranging sounds like a great way to beat the winter blahs!:)