Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tueeesdaay Afffternoon


I sure hope my family won't be sick of garden beans, tomatoes and basil any time soon. I'm in love with those three items right now & have managed to make them a part of almost every meal the past few days.


I'm almost finished organizing our kid clothes mess. I've gone through about ten bins & have it all organized by size & gender. Every time I opened a boy bin I wished for a boy. Every time I opened a girl bin I wished for a girl. I'm glad I don't have to decide the gender of this baby. I could never make the decision.


Does anyone recall that bad storm that wrecked part of our porch oh like a year & five days ago? Dear hubby is finally getting around to fixing it. It's not like we have anything else going on these days! He tells me it will be done by the time our bible study group arrives tomorrow night!


Craig piled up this rock today for the wood stove we're having put into our living room. The work on that begins tomorrow morning.

8 comments:

Neisha said...

i know i've gotten sick of green beans. eating them and canning them. so now i'm giving them away. i don't want to rip out the plants because they are still really producing.
would you like more clothes for Ayla? i just went through Kylie's closet.

Mindy said...

neisha - i'm actually going over to wendy's to get more green beans this morning. she's sick of hers too, but i didn't plant enough this year & want to freeze a bit more. i would love more clothes for ayla. i was just going through her bins yesterday & noticed she needs a few things.

Neisha said...

ok, I'll get them to my mom, it probably won't be until convention time. The sizes will probably be 5 and 6.

Cheri said...

it was good seeing you this weekend! i think i was thinking you were due the same time as shannon. You sure didn't look big enough to be that far along though!! Almost makaes me miss being pregnant. Almost.

Todd said...

Must be the year for wood stoves. We're getting one this fall. We've probably told you this, but our house was built as a summer house originally. Insulation was added on the outside as an afterthought, so it gets pretty cool in winter. The stove should keep it cozy. Would love to see yours!

Have fun with Brian & Erin this weekend! We're jealous of you guys AND of them. ;) Two of our favorite couples are getting together and here we are on the other side of the earth. Looking forward to photos!

Mindy said...

todd - i'm disappointed, i thought you'd pick up on my moody blues reference! we sure wish we could be with you guys this wknd too!!! more than you can imagine.

Todd said...

Oh, I did! I was even humming it to myself, but must have forgotten by the time I finished reading (brain like a sieve). So, yes, Moody Blues reference duly noted and approved. Hmm, I wonder if that's in my iTunes library...

Lani said...

That looks delicious! Yum. BTW- Nesting much? ;)