Friday, August 15, 2008

Kid-Speak

I've really enjoyed watching the kids enjoy their summer, but the novelty is starting to wear off. There have been more tearful confrontations every day. If we are not on the go all day every day the kids are bored & wanting to leave home. I think it's about time for the routine of school! Anyway, this morning the tearful confrontation was over a Batman comic book. They both wanted to look at it, but it just doesn't work for them to look at the same time. My solution was, "OK, Ayla look at one story then pass it to Micah. When Micah is done with his one story he passes it back to you. You have to share." You'd think that was a pretty good solution, wouldn't ya? Not to Ayla. Her tearful response was, "But mom, it makes my tummy hurt when I have to share!"

8 comments:

Neisha said...

haha, I love it!

Kara said...

sounds familiar.

Lani said...

Of course. Didn't you know that Mom? ;)

Ethel said...

yes, school starts Tuesday and my kids are ready for it, also.

The J's said...

Sounds quite like my youngest would come up with too!
My kids were ready to go back too, & I was ready to have them back in school although it also means the year is progressing a little too quickly. I'm NOT looking forward to cold weather!

The J's said...

I got your comment about the blog/book...Would LOVE to hear more!
my e-mail is on my profile if you have a chance to let me know :*)

The J's said...

Thank you! I'm especially interested in it because of the wedding blog that we have for my daughters wedding planning. One of my daughters had suggested making copies of the blog pages, but this will be much nicer!
I love "by hand" scrapbooking, but sometimes this would be perfect for other projects or smaller theme books!

Todd said...

I had it easy. My sisters never wanted my Batman, Spider-Man, or other superhero comics. They were happy with Betty & Veronica. Maybe that's what Ayla needs to cure her ills. DOUBLE DIGEST to the rescue!

P.S. My browser thinks I spelled Ayla incorrectly. Suggestions: ALA (American Library Association) and Ay-la (huh?).