Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Summer Of '08

I know that whenever I think back to this summer certain songs will come to mind. "Paperback Writer", "We Can Work It Out", "All You Need Is Love" & "Yellow Submarine" to name a few. Yep, this is the summer of The Beatles. When I remember this first summer of Micah being on school break that will be the soundtrack in my mind. He plays these songs every single day. I wonder if forever after he'll think of The Beatles when he thinks of summer. Whenever I'm cleaning, I mean really cleaning I invariably think of Fleetwood Mac & the album Rumors, since that was my mom's cleaning soundtrack. What songs bring you back to the past?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad playing "the final countdown" by Europe. Or any Rush album by Mom. Or you playing George Michael or "Loveshack" by the B52's. Or even further back - Jon Bon Jovi "Living on a prayer"

Sara, Justin, Simon and Max said...

I need to get into some music, that really helps my mood but I'm so bad at knowing good songs! There is one song by Cher that always reminds me of painting my bedroom at Diana's place...I was listening to it at the time, I guess.

Ethel said...

i love fleetwood mac.
the cranberries always bring me back to the road trips between winona and afton..2 hours from doorstep to doorstep. i did alot of those trips.
and "lady in red..is dancing with me, cheek to cheek.." who sings that anyway? that reminds me of a certain circus i went to once.

Lani said...

Hmmm... let's see... "A Groovy Kind of Love" by Phil Collins brings back memories of a specific art class in high school and a certain boy in that art class when I was a senior.

Anonymous said...

anytime I'm in the cities and hear Kool 108, it brings me back to the summers we lived on a lake. awweeeee