Sunday, June 29, 2008

Craig's 36th


The kids bought him this bright yellow workout shirt with their own money. They even had enough leftover to buy rocket balloons (Micah) & a light-up ball necklace (Ayla).



We had curried chicken pitas on the porch along with a yummy garden salad. For dessert we had this blueberry/blackberry tart. Both Craig & Micah were disappointed that I didn't make a regular cake. When I asked Craig why he said he was just expecting something traditional. I asked him when I have ever been traditional & he admitted I had a point. Anyway, it was yummy, so I don't think they really cared too much!

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Neisha said...

yumm, it does look good.

Happy Birthday Craig! I suppose that "40" is looking younger each year now.

Lani said...

Happy Birthday, Craig! Looks like your wife and kiddos treated you right. I'd take that blueberry heaven over traditional any old day! ;)

Anonymous said...

That dessert looks very yummy. The hubby looks a bit older.

Kara said...

yumm!! Would you share the recipes for that yummy looking food! What a great idea to have the kids spend some of their own money on a birthdat gift for their dad.

Anonymous said...

Wow is he ever looking old, and bald, and OLD!!!!!!!

Ethel said...

yummmmmm!! happy birthday, Craig! I can't believe you're my husband's age...I used to think you were so young! ha! Actually Jeff is about a year older than you. Anyway, you can come and cook for me anytime, Mindy!

Todd said...

I started drooling after looking at that picture (the non-traditional dessert, not Craig in his new yellow shirt). Feel free to send us some the next time you make it! ;) Happy (belated) birthday, Craigly! Wish we could have been there... to tease you about your age in person, that is.