Thursday, October 11, 2012

This Girl


She turned four over 3 weeks ago.

I adore her more each day.  Yesterday on the way into the grocery store I scooped her up and asked her to please stop growing.  How did she go from a newborn to this funny, inquisitive, little being with her very own firm, distinct personality?  A girl that has her mind set in STONE every day about what she is or isn't wearing that day.  A girl that can upset her 8 year sister by chasing her around the house & shouting, "Ayla loves avocado".  A girl that will position her chair exactly in my way at supper time just to peel the onions & crack the eggs for me.  Love her.  She is just what we needed four years ago and every day since.  

****************

And yes, that stupid cat was pregnant again.  She has since had 5 more kittens.  That brings our grand total to 13 kittens since spring!!  Luckily some friends of ours want some barn cats and have asked for all 5 of them when they are weaned. 

6 comments:

Lani said...

Hahaha.... such a sweet post that the stupid cat commentary caught me off guard. :) What an awesome picture!

Neisha said...

I can't wait to have a little one to be in my way....my kids never want to help out in the kitchen unless I'm frosting sugar cookies :)

Ina said...

She was the kid barely starting to grow in your belly when we were about to get on the plane to Copenhagen (en route to Latvia) in February 2008, and I was telling you to go pee on the stick already. Will never forget that. I love her quirky personality!

Todd said...

Love her to pieces.

Regarding your second section, there's an easy answer.

Mindy said...

i know that todd, but my husband does not seem to think think the cat is worth spending the money one. you need to convince him! ugh, bob barker ~ he is such a distasteful man in my opinion!!!!

The J's said...

haha, laughing because my thought was just like Lani's there. Then I laughed again when I saw her comment!
I think our cat is going to have kittens again too.