Tuesday, October 30, 2012

This and That

Micah is old enough to bow hunt now & Daddy spoiled him with a real bow.  Hunting is suddenly fun.  It seemed to be a bit boring last year.  No good shots have presented themselves yet, but he keeps trying.


The above photo was before we knew he needed glasses.  After the school check they suggested I take him in.  Poor kid has my eyes.  20/150 and 20/200!!!  I had no idea he was so blind.  When I asked him why he never said anything he said he thought that's how it was for everyone!


On Saturday we met Auntie Julie at a farm that has I guess what you would call a fall festival this time of year.  You pay to get in and then do the typical corn maze, petting zoo, etc.  The kids loved the tricycle track the best.  Love this photo.  Click on it to make it bigger.  Expressions are priceless!


Craig was butchering a deer on Sunday and just for kicks thought he'd throw some scraps to the cats.  It was hilarious watching the kittens hiss and growl over the fresh meat.  I don't think they need mama's milk anymore.



11 comments:

Shannon said...

the trike picture is AWESOME! and "this and that" is nolan's favorite phrase as of late!

Mindy said...

i can just hear nolan saying it too!

Brenda said...

Our cats LOVE deer scraps and carcass! They really put on the pounds with that stuff and they look good all winter. Chickens love it too, and will fight the dogs for a bone. Funny to watch!!

Neisha said...

Nolan has a bow and though he can't hunt yet, he loves to target practice w/dad.

Pam said...

Love the expressions on their faces!

Gary said...

Wow! Can't imagine not seeing well and not knowing that is not normal. Poor kid. Glad he now has specs. I have no memory of the time before I got glasses, my guess is I was his age or younger.

Mindy said...

i was in 3rd grade when i got mine. i so clearly remember how the world had changed when i walked out of the store with my specs on!

janis said...

Micah is so cute in his camo. Bransen is jealous of his WI buddies!

Lani said...

oh man... I was the same way. Blind as a bat, but didn't know it. It was amazing what I could see when I got glasses. The world was a whole new, beautiful place for me!

Ethel said...

i think you should host a tea party, Mindy..people actually comment you your blog! like..cool! Our dog loves the deer legs.

Ethel said...

i mean "on" your blog! and i can comment here too..some blogs i can't!! thanks for having a blog to comment on!!