Monday, July 9, 2012

Vacation: Day One






We enjoyed breakfast in our hotel, a morning swim, a yummy coffee shop in Manitowoc and a tour of this submarine before catching our 2:00 ferry.  The sub tour was very entertaining for all.  I can't imagine a worse job.  I could barely breathe by the end of the tour.  I can not imagine being crammed in there with 80+ men.  Let alone operating it in hot humid conditions.  The average temp. was 90 with some areas of the sub. around 130 degrees!  Think of that the next time you see an old service man in a parade!


Relaxing on the S.S. Badger.  This is not the cheapest way to go, but it was very relaxing & fun for all.


At the end of the day we met up with Auntie Jenny.  She had made a gluten free fruit pizza in honor of Craig's 40th.  The 40 was made out of dark chocolate which he was nice enough to share with us all!

3 comments:

Gary said...

I still feel bad about not celebrating Craig's 40th. Although there is no statue of limitations. My 40th was celebrated 2 months later! :) I've never been on a car ferry. I think it would be fun.

Mindy said...

gary ~ maybe we can take him by surprise and make 41 a big celebration for him!

Lani said...

Now that's a 40th birthday cake! Happy Birthday, Craig!