Monday, July 9, 2012

Vacation: Day Four

Tuesday was a big day spent by the big water.  We went to Sleeping Bear Dunes to hike and check out the views.  




I took this photo to give you an idea of how far down the hike is to the water.  The tiny specks in the surf are people.  We didn't go down right here, because we don't think Kaia could have made it back up.



We got in the vehicle and drove to a different location with an easier hike for Kaia.  We had a picnic lunch there & then hiked through the woods to the dunes.  The big dune way off in the distance is the one we went to first.




Even with the easier hike I couldn't get Kaia to walk down the dunes.  Her butt trail cracked me up!


Once we got down we walked way down the coast to where we had left a vehicle parked.  




Then we drove to a beach and spent the rest of the day swimming, lounging & burying each other in sand.  We camped that night & I did not take one photo of our beautiful campsite!!!  My only excuse is that we didn't make camp until close to 8 and then were busy making and eating supper.  I saw a few photo ops, but was always busy at the time & then I just sort of forgot about my camera.  Oh well, this post is long enough!  

3 comments:

Gary said...

Patty was at Neisha's from Thur to Sun and did not take one picture! We took some when we were there the wknd b4 and some when they were here, but not as many as usual.

Lani said...

Well, you got some gorgeous ones when you DID have camera in hand. Beautiful pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

Now I know why this was the best vacation ever... it was Michigan. Sand, water, air, sky... perfect ingredients. I love the pictures you did get!