Sunday, November 13, 2011

Little Helpers

I love this photo. Two of our three brown eyed helpers.

The other brown eyed girl was banished to her bedroom. For what you might ask? Being sassy, what else? 7 1/2 is the sassy age. 9 1/2 is the distracted age. 3 is the adorable, annoying, hilarious, naughty & sweet age.

We are trying to teach them to help. We're starting to make progress. I've noticed they immediately clear the table after supper now. They all like to help outside. Stacking wood is fun somehow. We're still working on the morning routine, but making progress. It's all good.

5 comments:

Neisha said...

we are trying to get our kids to help out more too. I think if we can make it sounds fun then they will want to do it :).
I know all about sassy girls...it started here at age 6!

Heather S said...

we've been busy with firewood here too. it's not as much fun for our kids.
but like neisha said, we try to make 'helping' fun, so it's more enjoyable for them. (the more they like to help, the less work for mom) :)

Gary said...

I think brown eyed people are cool! :)

Gary said...

BTW, Neish, what goes around, comes around. :)

Jessie K said...

From what I can remember of my childhood and teenage years... the sassiness never really goes away until they move out of the house. Or was that just me?? :P