Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The School Year Ends

This is what my table looks like every morning as more papers are coming home every day with the kids. Since they are supposed to empty their backpacks as soon as they get home you'd think this would be an afternoon scene. However we've fallen into a routine that goes something like this. Mornings seem to find me walking around cradling a nursing baby while half dressed & desperately trying to drink my coffee before it gets cold. My children who are supposed to be eating breakfast keep jumping up & shoving various papers in my face while telling me all about school the day before. Every day after school I ask them how their day was & what they did. The answers are always variations on this theme, "Fine, good, nothing" They like to save all their stories for the morning. You know, when we are relaxed & have all the time in the world.

Anyway, we are almost done. I've got swimming with Ayla, a picnic with Micah, Ayla's graduation & then we can all breathe a sigh of relief. Short lived I'm sure. At any rate at this point I say let the boredom & all day fighting begin!

This has nothing to do with the above paragraphs, but I wanted to share this photo of my dad & Kaia. Gramps came up for a short visit this past weekend to be silly & play with the kids non-stop. One day very, very soon I plan to do a photo shoot with Kaia. A few people have reminded me lately that she is almost 9 months old. Yep, 9 months & I haven't had professional photos taken yet. How things change the third time around! They are coming soon, I promise.

6 comments:

Heather S said...

Glad I'm not the only one. With our 1st baby he had professional pictures taken every 3 months.. right on the dot! With the last 3..it went downhill from there!

Neisha said...

I know do my kids' photos. I can do as good a job as some photographers plus it's easier for me to do them and get them printed out

All American Family said...

My table looks like that and my kids aren't even in school yet! ;) Happy almost 9 months Kaia! You're looking more and more like Ayla!

Ethel said...

i know what you mean about the frequency of pic taking with #3! if it weren't for Teagan being in a wedding last year she wouldn't have had any professional pics taken since she was 1! anyway, i also like that "real simple" magazine i see hanging out on your table! they have good recipes and good reads! Happy Summer to you..it's going to be a very busy one for you i just know it!!

Kara said...

Mindy, It's so good to read your blog and know that life with kids is the same everywhere. How I long to have warm coffee- a whole cup! And to have my children sit for an entire meal would be nothing short of a miricle. I laughed out loud when you said let the boredom and all day fighting begin - only because I can relate so well. And we don't have one physical picture of Henry yet. Like I said it's good to know it's similar in all families.:)

mom 2 4J's said...

Happy summer vacation...we need to get together before the summer passes us by:)