Monday, February 23, 2009

Morning Fight

This morning I'm in the kitchen making breakfast and the kids are fighting, I mean getting dressed by the fire. Ayla goes back to the living room after a talking to by me and the fighting immediately resumes. This is what I heard.

A: "Micah!"

The way she says his name when she's mad is just hilarious. I should record it sometime. (Anyway, back to the story.)

A: "Micah, Mom says no hitting. I was not hitting. You're lying to Mom."

M: "Yes you were, you did this."

He demonstrates something.

A: "I know I did that, but that's not hitting, that's punching."

At our house we don't hit. We just punch!

8 comments:

Heather S said...

Ahh, kids! :)

Shannon said...

HAHA!!! that's awesome!!!

Kara said...

That's too cute! It's always so good to hear that kind of stuff goes on at every house, not just ours. The other day I heard Sophia trying to get Max's attention and he was ignoring her as only a brother can. And I hear Sophia say , Maxwell Alan! Ah, brother and sisterly love.

Susie said...

That is hilarious! Sounds like my kid. Some days I am thankful he doesn't have a sibling. :)

Gary said...

WOW...Mindy...your kids fight? :) It would be funny to record all fights and listen to them later. Problem is that most of the time the parent is to aggravated at the time to see the humor in the incident. It is amazing the things kids can find to fight about. I used to wonder if they stayed awake nights to think of things to bicker about!

Amber said...

pretty awesome when it's not my kids. ;0)

Ethel said...

great convo! what a pair..ahhh the things they'll teach the next one!

Brian, Erin, Connor & Ty said...

Of course! Love kids reasoning : P