Monday, January 12, 2009

Things To Do Before My Surgery

- Catch up on all the laundry
- Sweep & mop the floors
- Get groceries
- Make & freeze waffles for easy breakfasts
- Vacuum the living room (especially around the wood stove)
- Dust the office
- Catch up on bills & paperwork
- Clean both kids' bedrooms
- Get clean sheets on the guest bed since it will be used quite a bit in the next couple of weeks
- Clean the kids' bathroom (including scrubbing out their tub)
- Pack up some toys to give away & organize their playroom
- Did I mention get groceries? We have no food.
- Pack everything I need for an overnight stay
- Pump more milk
- Pack everything Craig might need for the baby while I'm unavailable
- Keep pumping
- Stock up on necessary items from Target
- Clean out the van
- While I'm at it I might as well add take care of the piles on my bedroom floor. The ones I've been walking around since the baby was born. You know, like almost 4 months ago!

I think that about covers it. Think I can get this all done by Thursday morning?

10 comments:

The J's said...

Oh groan!! That sounds like my life. Go find your timer, set it for 15 minutes....concentrate on one job at a time...You've got a list made, that's a start!!
But on the other hand, don't stress yourself out either, it will all be there, and if you don't get the guest sheets on, hand the clean ones to whoever's going to be sleeping there, & say here you go, sorry, I didn't get it done!!

Lani said...

If I lived closer, I'd come help you with that list, my dear. Hugs.

Neisha said...

let me know if you do! that's a lot. just pump, pay bills and put clean sheets on the guest bed, some one else can do the rest

Todd said...

Good luck! But yeah, whatever doesn't get done doesn't get done. Making a list always helps, though, doesn't it? I like lists. We'll be thinking of you! Really wish we could come help but you're, oh, 4500 miles away. As the crow flies. Hope you don't get stressed about all the stuff you "have to" do. You need to focus on resting & healing. And achieving a state of higher consciousness... (*shrug* — it seemed to fit).

Amber said...

Good Luck...I agree, get the urgent things done and do your best on the rest while remembering it will be there when you get back. Good luck with you surgery, hope all goes well.

On a side note: Landmark education sounds intriging...what seminar did you do? Any details would be great. Thanks.

Heather S said...

I don't think I really know who you are, I know Julie (your sis-in-law?). But I enjoy reading your blog from time to time.. another mom with kids! Good luck!;)

Heather S said...

yes we go to menomonie.

Heidi said...

Surgery?! That doesn't sound like a very fun or convenient thing to have to go through, and certainly not with three little ones. We'll be thinking of you! I don't know what part of you is going under the knife, but I hope your recovery is quick.

Ethel said...

thinking thinking thinking of you! hope it went well????

Mindy said...

ethel - yes it all went well. i got home today. i'm actually feeling better now than i did after the biopsy, so all is good.