Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Projects


We are loving the floor. Our 12 year old furniture? Not so much. The problem with doing one project is that it spreads through the house like a disease! We got new trim for the living room & then figured we may as well extend it into the dining room. We haven't even begun to stain that, but it is purchased & waiting in the wings.

This photo is a bit outdated already. Since it was taken we've gotten all the upper cabinets painted and new lights put in (see what I mean about things spreading). Next up, bottom cabinets, drawers & new hard wear installed!

14 comments:

Jessie K said...

Looking good! I know what you mean about spreading projects. I was going to paint only one room and now I've painted two and want to put up new curtains, pantry curtains instead of doors, finish the baking/coffee center/table thingy, make a slipcover for the couch, pull up the carpet and refinish the floors (okay, we'd have to talk to the landlord about that one!), etc, etc, etc!

Neisha said...

wow, the floor looks nice!
love the painted walls in the kitchen...nice and cheery!

Amy said...

Love it already! Can't wait to see it sometime.

Gary said...

Don't know if I'll dare to walk on that fancy floor on Sunday! ;)

Mindy said...

gary ~ you wouldn't believe how many times we heard a crayon drop on sunday. it was sorta funny. i don't know if it was more than usual or if we just noticed it more!

The J's said...

Catching up here--Your projects look wonderful!!

Gary said...

You definitely will notice little noises more. There will be more echo from dropping things, running feet, stomping feet... kid noises you didn't notice as much in the past. BTW, I'm not referring to Sun AM, although that too. :)

Anita said...

that looks super!

Gary said...

Loved the floor, Craig & Mindy! And I was careful to not drop any crayons.

katrina said...

Your floors turned out great!

Ethel said...

wow...really brightened things up there..pretty!!!

Mindy said...

wait until you see my kitchen, martha. you don't need to feel sorry for me anymore.

Anonymous said...

I know you're loving the floor! Every so often I'm tempted to tear out all our carpet and put in hardwoods. And then I start pricing it... yeah, we still have 20 year old carpet. Enjoy!

janis said...

Wow - you're house has changed a lot! It looks great!