Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Version Of The Perfect Saturday

Today isn't over yet, but I think I can safely say that it was one version of the perfect Saturday. I think I'll just list the things that happened to make it great.

Craig and I slept in until 8:30. We were able to do this because the kids are now at the age where they can get their own breakfast.

After we got up Craig made delicious scrambled eggs for our breakfast.

Then he spent the day outside making shelves and organizing our shed. It looks awesome!

I finally managed to conquer Mt. Washmore. In fact I can just call it laundry now.

After weeks of not wanting to cook or eat much of anything I spent part of the day in the kitchen. I made; chocolate chip cookies, egg salad for our lunch tomorrow, grilled pork chops, Gorgonzola scalloped potatoes and sweet corn sauteed with pancetta and garlic for our supper.

I also looked at every one's suggestions for a falling apart tender pot roast and combined some ideas to try for tomorrow's supper. It's going to be cooking while we're gone all day.

Last but not least, the kids happily played outside all day long. They are absolutely filthy, so now it's time for baths, a snack and bed.


I hope everyone else had their version of the perfect Saturday as well.

3 comments:

Lani said...

Nice. I laughed at your laundry reference. I told Craig today, "Well, I went from a mountain of dirty laundry to a mountain of clean laundry." I'll be working on getting it put away today and tomorrow. Ugh.

Ethel said...

i'm so happy you're feeling better and your dinner sounded delish..and much more gourmet than ours but we had the same thing ( almost) and jeff made it! pork chops, corn, and mashed potatoes ( i added garlic salt to mine) and brownies...anyway..sounds like you had a superb day..i did too actually! fun to hear what you did today!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great day. Speaking of laundry,I did 2 of our 3 loads of laundry after our weekend with you guys and then mid cycle our machine broke. So our laundry has been growing into a mountain since last Monday. Our new machine will arrive Tues...so now you know what my Tues will hold!